In normal circumstances, openly calling for the dismantling of the NHS would usually exclude someone from being put in charge of it.
Not in Theresa May’s cabinet.
In 2009 – before he became Secretary of State for Health – Jeremy Hunt co-wrote a book in which he called for the NHS to be broken up:
Once he got the job you’d have thought Jeremy would have at least got to know something about the basics of health care, such as patient confidentiality.
Just looking at the sheer number of scandals Jeremy Hunt has been involved in, it’s hard to understand how he’s managed to keep any position in the cabinet:
- In 2009, Hunt had to repay £9,500 of taxpayers’ cash in claims for his second home expenses.
- In 2010, Hunt gave a civil service job to the daughter of a friend – a Conservative Lord who’d been the director of one of Hunt’s companies.
- In 2010, as Sports Minister Hunt blamed ‘hooligans’ for the 1989 Hillsborough disaster – in which 96 Liverpool fans died, a third of them children or teenagers.
- In 2010, Hunt was caught hiding behind a tree trying to avoid being spotted going into a private dinner with the Murdochs.
- In 2012, Hunt and his advisors were caught leaking sensitive information to Rupert Murdoch’s office when Hunt was supposed to be handling the company’s bid to take over BSkyB.
- In 2012, Hunt was caught dodging more than £100,000 in tax in a property deal.
- In 2012, Hunt was in charge of the Olympics security fiasco, in which he paid millions of taxpayers’ money to private company G4S who were so incompetent the army and police had to step in.
- In 2013, the British Medical Association said Hunt displayed “complete ignorance” after saying he thought the abortion limit should be changed to 12 weeks.
- In 2013, Hunt used £4,000 of taxpayers’ money to pay for language lessons so he could learn his Chinese fiancee’s lingo.
- In 2016, thousands of junior doctors plan to quit NHS after Hunt imposes new contracts
In fact, multi-millionaire Hunt also likes to make absolutely sure taxpayers pay him for everything, including:
And what do we get in return for all this money we’re paying out to him?
Just another of the incompetent Tory clowns now running our country.