(not satire – it’s the Cameron government!)
In 2011, the Cameron government decided that …….
- Firefighters will only get their full pensions at 60 instead of 55.
- All firefighters of any age will undergo regular fitness tests.
- Firefighters will be made redundant if they fail the fitness tests.
- The government’s own report found that the effects of ageing will prevent 66 per cent of firefighters over 55 from meeting the fitness levels required for the job.
- Firefighters who lose their jobs will not be eligible for their full pension they have paid into.
60 is too old to be fighting fires. The government knows that. This is simply a way to make huge numbers of firefighters redundant and deny them their pensions.
And while the public is not aware of it – the government will get away with it.
Here’s a petition to the Department of Communities and Local Government:
And here’s an excellent video explaining why firefighters have been on strike:
Please feel free to share. And comment.
The Coalition Government Colouring and Activity Book is now available for download as a PDF and in print: