Here are 8 extremely compelling reasons why Baroness Butler-Sloss should stand down as head of the inquiry into allegations of child abuse by politicians and other powerful figures:
1) Child abuse survivors say Butler-Sloss is the wrong person for the job.
2) Prominent campaigners also say Butler-Sloss is the wrong person for the job.
3) Butler-Sloss would have to investigate her own brother who has been accused of covering up the identities of VIP paedophiles.
4) As a member of the House of Lords, Butler-Sloss is too much an entrenched part of the same establishment she would have to be investigating.
5) Butler-Sloss has herself been accused of trying to hide the identities of church leaders accused of child abuse.
6) Butler-Sloss has openly stated she believes leaders and heads of state should have “sovereign immunity” in the courts.
7) At 81, Butler-Sloss is simply too old to carry out a forceful, tenacious and effective investigation into powerful people who have very powerful connections and who will assuredly fight tooth and nail against any suggestions of wrong-doing on their part.
And the most undoubtedly incontestable reason Butler-Sloss cannot possibly be the right person for the job……
Related articles by Tom Pride:
Please feel free to comment.
If you click on any of these buttons below, you can share this article with other people. Thanks: